Outside my office window I can see the new Hartley Botanic Victorian Lodge, a beautiful greenhouse for displaying plants year round. It will bring color to our landscape even on the gloomiest of winter days! Beside the greenhouse and throughout the gardens are 39 sculptures. Working in collaboration with New England Sculptors Association, we have created an exhibit that accentuates the beauty of our gardens.
All of this and more make The Gardens at Elm Bank a popular destination for visitors to relax, enjoy, learn, and play. Today I am asking for your continued support to help us maintain and enhance our gardens.
And I have other Mass Hort news to report:
- In celebration the 10th Anniversary of our Bressingham Garden, Mass Hort invited designer Adrian Bloom along with a host of horticultural celebrities to present at a sold-out symposium.
- For the first time, Mass Hort participated in Free Fun Fridays! With the help of a grant from Highland Street Foundation, more than 1,500 people enjoyed The Gardens at Elm Bank free of charge on a beautiful day in July. There were loads of activities, fun tours … and of course our magnificent gardens!
- The Seed to Table Garden continues to provide tons of fresh produce to local food pantries. This wonderful garden is also used for workshops to teach about growing healthy food.
- Our Plantmobile has traveled to 40 sites so far this year (and touched the lives of more than 7,000 children and their families), providing hands-on plant science programs. Thanks to support from our donors, many visits were made to communities who otherwise could not afford a Plantmobile visit.
- We are in the midst of a Master Plan Initiative. This exciting look into the future will prepare us for the next 20 years, bringing us to … and beyond Mass Hort’s 200th Anniversary.
Keep the momentum going. Can we count on you for an Annual Fund gift before our Fiscal Year ends on September 30? Your donation is critical to the stewardship of our property and how we deliver our mission to connect people to nature. Your gift today will help us continue to flourish and grow!
Katherine K. Macdonald
P.S. Your tax-deductible gift may be made by clicking on the DONATE NOW button, sending your check to Mass Hort, 900 Washington Street, Wellesley, MA 02482, or by calling Elaine at 617-933-4945. Thank you!